Trust CenterDisclosure Statement
Financial Advice Provider Disclosure Statement.
The information below is important and is disclosed by The Lending People Limited (FSP240365), trading as “Lending People” (Lending People, we, us, our), about our financial advice services. Our address and other contact details are below.
About our financial advice provider licence.
The Lending People Limited Trading as Lending People (FSP240365) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice services.
The nature and scope of the financial advice we give.
We will provide you with financial advice in relation to a personal loan for the purpose of debt consolidation only.
We may provide financial advice on personal loans from the following providers:
- Avanti Finance
- Finance Now
- Latitude Finance
- MTF Finance
- Nectar Finance
- Unity Credit Union
No Financial AdviceExcept as noted above, we do not provide financial advice services in relation to personal loans. If you apply for a personal loan we will either provide you with a conditional approval, decline your Application or refer your application to a lending consultant for more information. Our decision on such loans is not a Financial Advice Service.
We will not provide financial advice in relation to business loans; however, we can refer you to a specialist if you would like advice on these products.
Where insurance is offered to you, our services are limited to helping you to access and to apply for insurance including determining whether you may meet eligibility criteria for such insurance.
We will not provide financial advice in relation to credit, life, disability, or health insurance; however, I can refer you to a specialist if you would like advice on these products.
Below are the types of insurance products we may offer to you:
- Credit Contract Indemnity (CCI) provided by Quest Insurance Group
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) provided by Quest Insurance Group
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) provided by Quest Insurance Group
- Motor Vehicle Insurance (MVI) provided by Quest Insurance Group
- CreditCare Insurance (CCI) provided by Provident Insurance Corporation
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) provided by Provident Insurance Corporation
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) provided by Provident Insurance Corporation
- Motor Vehicle Insurance (MVI) provided by Provident Insurance Corporation
- Repayment Waiver provided by Lending People
- Repayment Waiver provided by Nectar
The duties we have when providing financial advice services.
Lending People, and our advisers, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 and the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code) related to how we provide advice. That includes duties (among others) to, in summary:
- Give priority to your interests.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill.
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code.
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set out by the Code.
No fee is payable if you do not enter into a personal loan arranged by the Lending People.
- If you take out a personal loan arranged by Lending People, where Lending People is not the creditor, we will charge a fee of between $0 and $995 (GST Exempt).
- If you take out a personal loan arranged by Lending People, where Lending People is the creditor, a $174 establishment fee will apply.
- Fees can be added to the total amount borrowed and will be paid to Lending People by the provider on the day the loan is disbursed, or you can choose to pay this fee directly to Lending People.
Commissions.Lending People may receive a commission from the provider if you take out a personal loan arranged by Lending People. The commission will be between 0% and 4% of the amount borrowed. The amount may vary depending on the lender or the type of loan you choose. All commissions will be paid to Lending People. I will not receive any of that commission. However, my pay is based in part on the performance of my team overall so I may receive a small part of that commission indirectly.
To ensure that I prioritise your interests above my own, I follow a process that ensures my advice is based on your disclosed objectives. I complete annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. In addition, Lending People carries out audit of its compliance program annually.
Our complaints process.
Lending People is committed to providing a consistently good standard of advice. If you feel we have not lived up to your expectations or are not satisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know in the following ways:
- In writing:
The Lending People Limited
PO Box 105063, Auckland City, Auckland 1143
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it under our following internal complaints process:
- Within five working days, we will provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling your complaint and how to contact them.
- Within ten working days of receiving your complaint, we will write to you with our final response. Where a claim relates to more complex matters we may need to extend that timeframe, which we will do by writing to you within that ten working days.
If our internal complaints process cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our approved dispute resolution scheme: The Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme (IFSO). IFSO provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint. You can contact IFSO as follows:
Postal Address: PO Box 10845, Wellington 6143.
Phone: (0800) 888 202
Our contact details.
The Lending People Limited trading as Lending People (FSP240365) is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
Phone: (0800) 899 879
Physical Address: 48 High Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010
Postal Address: PO Box 105063, Auckland City, Auckland 1143